Posts for tag: Professional Teeth Whitening
A bright, white smile makes a great first impression. Stained teeth are not inevitable, but maintaining whiteness can sometimes be tricky. Dr. Stephen Lukin and Dr. Mark Lukin are dentists at Lukin Family Dentistry in Sugar Land, TX. They specialize in cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and teeth whitening.
Keeping Your Teeth Stain-free
Sugar Land dental patients who want to retain their white teeth should do the following:
- Brush daily: You really need to take some time with brushing. In fact, it should take you around two minutes. This gives you time to focus on each surface of every tooth to eliminate the build-up of plaque and bacteria which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Don’t forget to floss: Flossing is important even if you brush regularly because it removes trapped food and bacteria from between your teeth where your toothbrush can’t reach.
- Avoid staining foods: Several foods and beverages can increase staining and should be avoided. These include berries, wine, tea and coffee, curry, and tomato sauce. If you do consume any of these, make sure to brush your teeth afterward, but wait for at least twenty minutes.
- Eliminate tobacco use: Nicotine and tar in tobacco both stain teeth. Smoking can also increase your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
- Make regular dental visits: You should schedule appointments with your dentist twice each year. You will be able to have a professional cleaning and a thorough examination. If your dentist does notice any problems, they will be able to treat them before they get out of control. An in-chair cleaning will also help your teeth stay whiter.
If you live in Sugar Land, TX, and you would like to find out more about professional teeth whitening, or to request an appointment, call Drs. Stephen and Mark Lukin of Lukin Family Dentistry at 281-265-9000.