Posts for tag: Bridges
Restore and beautify. Span a smile gap. These are the benefits of crowns and bridges from your dentists in Sugarland, Dr. Stephen Lukin and Dr. Mark Lukin. Great substitutes for failing teeth, crowns and bridges look and act like natural teeth. Could they help your smile?
What are crowns?
Dental crowns are porcelain caps that imitate natural tooth structure and appearance. Placed over existing tooth structure and accurately blending in with adjoining teeth, crowns provide excellent protection and support for teeth which have:
- Lost a substantial amount of enamel due to cavities, wear or injury
- Undergone root canal therapy because of extensive decay, infection or other injuries
- Odd shape or size or deep stains and surface defects
In his Sugar Land office, our dentist will examine and X-ray your tooth to see if a crown is your best restorative choice. If so, oral impressions and a detailed care plan tells the dental lab how to fashion your new crown.
Also, if you need a single-tooth implant to replace a missing tooth, your dentist will use a porcelain crown to restore it.
What are bridges?
A bridge consists of one or more pontic, or artificial, teeth attached to porcelain crowns. The crowns cover natural teeth on opposite sides of a smile gap. Thus, this prosthetic is sturdy and permanent.
Some people choose state of the art bridges supported by titanium dental implants. These prosthetics anchor to the jaw bone itself for superior stability, oral function and maintenance of jaw bone health and density.
The benefits of crowns and bridges
- In many cases, crowns can avoid dental extractions.
- Bridges span gaps, allowing for best chewing and physical appearance.
- Bridges hold remaining natural teeth in proper alignment.
- Both kinds of prosthetics are durable and last for many years.
- Today's material of choice for crowns and bridges is lifelike and dependable porcelain. (No one will even notice you wear one because the color and shape are realistic.)
For your best smile...
Learn what the preventive, restorative and cosmetic services offered at Lukin Family Dentistry can do for your oral health and smile aesthetics. Call us for a bridge or crown consultation. Call (281) 265 9000.