Dental implants are today's premier tooth replacement method. Placed into the jaw where natural teeth previously resided, implants are rock-solid, natural-looking, and bite/chew just like the real thing. Here at Lukin Family Dentistry in Sugar Land, TX, Dr. Stephen Lukin, and Dr. Mark Lukin are the dental implant experts who can show you the many benefits of these wonderful prosthetics.
The amazing dental implant
It changes everything for the patient who has lost one or more teeth to gum disease, injury, infection, or decay. A single implant has three parts: a titanium screw or cylinder, a metal alloy abutment, and a porcelain crown. Dr. Lukin places the screw into the jaw bone during a one-hour dental implant surgery in his Sugar Land office. As the site heals, the implant and bone meld together through osseointegration.
Are you a candidate for implants?
You are if you are in good oral/systemic health and have sufficient bone in your jaw to accept and integrate the device. To determine this, Dr. Lukin will examine your teeth and gums as well as perform a special three-dimensional scan to determine the health and density of your bone structure.
If all is well, you will receive your implant. Following the period of osseointegration, you will return to Lukin Family Dentistry for attachment of the abutment and crown. That's it! Your new tooth is ready to use.
Benefits of dental implants
- They are versatile, for they can fill both small and large smile gaps and are customized to accommodate your bite, personal appearance, and more.
- You take care of them with simple brushing, flossing and in-office cleanings at Lukin Family Dentistry.
- Implants rarely fail. In fact, the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness says your implant should last 40 to 50 years.
- Dental implants keep your jaw bone and gums strong and healthy.
- With dental implants, you need no denture adhesives.
- You can feel confident that your smile looks as good and stable as it feels.
Are you ready for a consultation?
To learn more about dental implants, please call Lukin Family Dentistry in Sugar Land, TX. Dr. Stephen Lukin or Dr. Mark Lukin will explain everything you need to do. Call us at (281) 265-9000.